Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quiet House Adventures: Day 2

My second day I woke up grabbed some juice, my Bible, and journal and headed for the patio area overlooking the canyon. it was a bit cloudy but it was still awesome to see the canyon and feel the wind. But before I could start a little friend came nervously walking up to see if I remembered to put out any "treats" for them. So I got up and went to put out some corn for them. It was then back to the patio.


But how fun to be "interrupted" by a deer who, much like a puppy, trusted me to feed him. How awesome is God's surprises and creation. I immediately thought of the Hymn all creatures of our God and King!

All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

Refrain

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rushing wind that art so strong
Ye clouds that sail in Heaven along,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou rising moon, in praise rejoice,
Ye lights of evening, find a voice!

Refrain

Thou flowing water, pure and clear,
Make music for thy Lord to hear,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou fire so masterful and bright,
That givest man both warmth and light.

Refrain

Let all things their Creator bless,
And worship Him in humbleness,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Praise, praise the Father, praise the Son,
And praise the Spirit, Three in One!

It's appropriate that St Francis of Assisi penned the words above.... he lived in wonder of all God's creation and I was smack dab in the middle of so much majestic beauty.