Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Joys of Home Ownership

Take a person who has never liked working in the yard and give them a home and you get a yard that is in some serious need of TLC and the owner some tutorials on how, when, why and where (smile) I have kept up with almost everything in my yard but only as needed. And although I wanted to do some things in my yard I was a bit overwhelmed.
Solution: my parents to the rescue. They came in for my birthday and they really like yard work and can see how to make what needs to happen, happen. So for the past week I have been walking around listening, looking and taking mental notes, hoping to not encourage a mini-jungle state to my yard again.
So whats the lesson from all this? Several things come to mind: God did say to Adam to SUBDUE the earth; kinda need to follow that one and lastly some advice: when you are even THINKING about buying a house, have a plan to learn how to do all those things that you really don't like to do. All in all I am VERY thankful for my home and feel that God has blessed me with it. I need to be a better steward of it.

No comments: