This Thanksgiving as usual I am pondering what I am thankful for and even though my family is scattered here and there and I will miss spending this holiday with them, I still have much to be thankful for.
So here is my list
- My loving Heavenly Father who loved me so much that He sent Jesus to die for my Sin in my place so He could have an eternal relationship with me.
- Jesus my Savior Who loves me and wants only the Father's best for my life.
- I am thankful for my family:
- My Mom and Dad who love me and who are not only my parents but have become my friends. I love that they were the ones to disciple me and challenge me to always strive to grow in my faith and never be satisfied with only what people taught me but to search the Scriptures, study and grow in my relationship with God and Jesus. They continue this to this day.
- For my big brother who has always been not just my big brother that I pestered and shadowed when we were young but my friend, my encourager, singing buddy, and one who also pushes me to grow deeper in my Faith.
- For Grandparents and cousins and the heritage of hard work, Faith in God, and service to Him.
- My friends through the years:
- Old and New Friends: Patty Mac, Joe, Suz, Elaine, Jamie, and countless others that are miraculously in my life in spite of distances between us. I am thankful for the goofy moments we have shared together....adding machine tape letters, dance escorts (thank you Joe :-) ) and late night chats, Pizza runs, ballgames, pranks, advice, shoulders to cry on, singing games and singing buddies, hiking and sliding down icy roads, shared meals and shared secrets etc. But most of all shared Faith and love for the Savior.
- For my job that allows me to work with the most awesome kiddoes and families.
- For the roof over my head and food on my table.
- For relatively good health.
And the list could go on and on and on....I am blessed beyond measure and thankful for all the Father has bestowed upon me and blessed me with.
So what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?