Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Sounds That I Love

Fires crackling in the fireplace, laughter coming from the kitchen as the family works to get the meal on the table, family conversations and reminiscing, and little children whispering and giggling. But there are also the sounds of music at Christmas that I love as well.
Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis, the Carpenters, Perry Como, Bing Crosby, sing along with Mitch Miller are just some of the singers at Christmas that bring so many great memories of family Christmases. If we weren't singing along with these guys' albums, (yes those vinyl things that we put on a turntable on the Hi Fi) they were playing in the background either in our home or my Grandparents. There was also the Mitch Miller and Andy Williams' Christmas specials that we watched all gathered around the TV and we definitely sang along with those.

What Christmas sounds, songs and singers remind you of your childhood?

1 comment:

Amy M. Fry said...

Good GRIEF! I've said it before and I'll say it again; We grew up with ALL the same music! Does ANYBODY anymore know Mitch Miller???? He's even on my iPod!
:)
Great reminiscent post!
Merry Christmas Sherry!!