Thursday, August 13, 2009

Duck For President

Okay as you can tell from the title this is not a serious blog or follow up to the summit. I have had a tremendously busy week preparing for our Kindergarten Graduation and our Bible Study (aka Sunday School for those that aren't FBCL members) leader training this Sunday. Next week we prepare for our Bible Study promotion on the 23rd. So needless to say I still haven't been able to process from the summit. I truly haven't had a brain cell worth sharing this week.


But tonight I am working on my notes for our training session and in honor of our presidential theme I am going to read Duck For President to my Preschool leaders. Why? Does it have anything at all to do with what I am going to be leading our teachers through? Nope. Then why am I reading it to them? Just cause I can and I love children's books and the Click, Clack series is one of my favorites. If you haven't read Giggle Giggle Quack, then we need to enlighten you on all things Duck, Cow and Farmer Brown.

Every now and then you need to pull out a good children's book and take a stroll down nostalgia lane and be reminded of your childhood and have a good giggle or two.


So here is your homework: take a trek to Barnes and Noble or your favorite bookstore and go look through and find a couple of Doreen Cronin books aka the Giggle Giggle Quack authoress or any of your favorites from your childhood. I also have some Calvin and Hobbes things and there is my all time favorite preschooler: Harold. Anyway enjoy your read and if you can scrounge up some kiddoes to take with you to read to that would make it that much more enjoyable.




No comments: