Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spy techniques and germ prevention......

I truly think I am going to get a phobia about germs. Or at least maybe I need to. In my job working around preschoolers I am confronted with ALL kinds of germy things. I think I am going to have to start wearing Laytex gloves all the time I am around them and their parents to prevent my coming in contact with germy stuff. But the gloves leave such an icky smell on your hands and lets face it they aren't exactly the greatest accessory to my outfits ha! If I could invent or find these things that they show spys using in the movies, "fake" hand and finger layers to mimic someone's hand and fingerprints. Do you know what I am talking about? I would wear them! This way my hands would look somewhat normal. Then I could shake other's hands, rub little heads, hug little people, hold their hands while we skip about and have our prayer times and then not be afraid some odd little germ was going to creep up on me and  manifest itself in some ugly way!!! ha! 


So in case you didn't know, you should wash your hands after every tug, shake and touch. ESPECIALLY before you eat, rub your nose or touch your mouth or really anything that is going IN your mouth. Okay it could get grosser here so I will stop. BUT also remember you should be washing your hands for at least 20 seconds: if you sing Happy Birthday while you are washing you should hit 20 seconds. I have also been told Jingle Bells and the ABC song works as well. 


So BEWARE those little creepy germs. And yes while there are good germs 
(believe it or not) most are not friendly and wreak all kinds of havoc with your health. So be mindful and wash your hands.  And if you see some odd woman wearing Laytex gloves while walking around, it might be me, so be kind and wash your hands before you try to shake mine. ha!!! 

No comments: